Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doing the Math


If you're a new reader to this blog, you know it's all about service. I am a firm believer that if each one of us did something to serve even just one or two other people, once a week, the world would be truly transformed.


Let's do some math:


There are 19 readers who subscribe to this blog.


If each one of you - and you alone - served two people a week for one year, there would be 1,976 beneficiaries of your service.


If each one of you subscribers passed this blog along to a friend who would do the same, there would be 3,952 recipients of service.


Now, I don't have a firm grasp on the actual numbers of readers, here, but I'm asking one favor of you.


Pass it on.


Let's make some Heavenly math.


Reach out to someone today, tomorrow, Saturday - all next week. Let's try to pass it on to at least one person every week between now and the end of the year.


That means each of us can try to get just 10 people - new people - to read this blog.


I have no idea how far and wide this can go - but I'm excited to try.
Start small and simple.
Email a link to my blog (use the http://serviceafol.blogspot.com/ link) and ask them to visit.
Or, email a link to this week's Service Thursday challenge:
Or, find your favorite post and send a link to that.
I hope and pray we can make service a success - and with you helping, how can we fail?


Are you in?


Thanks for taking the weekend challenge!


Have a safe and happy Halloween!
Remember, Service is the Action Form of Love!


James

3 comments:

jiggins said...

I do server and serve and serve... but, yea.. I'm in! I'll let you know how it goes. This is something I strive for anyway.. which is why I subscribed to your blog. Stop by mine sometime. See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

I love it, pass it on and pay it forward! ;)

Anonymous said...

I truly agree with you. Great change starts with the actions of individuals. Great post!