Wednesday, May 6, 2009
5 Fast Ways to Give Back
Welcome to Service – The Action Form of Love
We’ve all been given much.
Whether we’re wealthy or poor, enjoy good health or fight illness and disease, almost every one of us has something to be grateful for.
Whatever problems life may hand us, we can be reasonably sure that we’ve been given blessings, too.
So, how can we give back?
Here are 5 small and simple ways you and I can give back to our giving world today – its today’s service challenge:
1. Gather 5 books you no longer read and donate them to a woman’s shelter, a homeless shelter, hospital or even to your local library.
2. Pick up a piece of trash and drop it into a trash receptacle. Of course, you don’t have to stop at one piece. If you see more litter, pick it up and dispose of it.
3. Do you have a board game your family doesn’t use anymore? How about taking it to your children’s hospital and donating it to them?
4. If you see a member of the military, thank them for their service. Whether or not you agree with the wars going on in the world, these brave men and women are still willing to lay down their life and preserve yours.
5. If you happen to see a firefighter or police officer, today, remember that these first responders are also willing to put their lives in danger to save your life and property. Take the time to say “thank you.”
What do you think? Can you do something to give back to your community today? I think you can, and I’m sure you will. That’s the kind of person you are. You realize that, despite your challenges and hardships, you’ve been given much and you too must give.
Thank you for taking today’s challenge. Thanks also for being willing to pass it on. I appreciate you for digging, stumbling, forwarding and retweeting.
I appreciate you!
Together we’re making a difference as we remember…
Service is the Action Form of Love.