Friday, June 19, 2009

Slow it Down


Welcome to Service – The Action Form of Love

Something I realized this week as I was in a hurry to get inside the store. There was an elderly couple outside struggling to move their empty cart to the empty cart corral in the lot. I was in so much of a hurry, it didn’t hit me until I was well inside that had I slowed down a little bit, I would have realized their need while there was still time to do something about it.

I failed.

So, here’s today’s challenge, for both of us:

Slow down.

Take time to notice your surroundings.

Take time to proactively look for someone in the least bit of trouble.

And then help them.

That’s all there is to it. I’m going to try it!

Thank you for reading and accepting today’s service challenge – I appreciate that you take time out of your busy day to read my words.

Thank you also for being willing to share my words with others.

Together, we can show that truly, Service is The Action Form of Love.

James

No comments: